In my super humble opinion, superstitions are dumb. I’m pretty sure I don’t have any, and for that reason, writing a post about them makes no sense. So, we’re going to continue the yearly tradition of listing all of the reasons I fail at being an adult.
October 28th: Reasons I’m Not A Good Adult
(Read the original Blogtober 2014 post here!)
Since writing my first one of these posts, I would say that I’m definitely growing up. Yet, the reality of the situation remains: sure, I know what the responsible choice is, but I’m still probably going in the other direction. Because honestly, I’d rather have a good time than be known as the responsible adult.
When I turn 31 that’s not going to change. I’m still going to:
– think “reputation” by Taylor Swift is garbage, but love her anyway.
– be easily impressionable to the latest slang. “Fuck me up fam.“
– care/stress about things I really can’t change.
– celebrate my birthday, and anyone’s I care about, in a seriously over the top way.
– live mostly off of “kid’s” cereal. Say what you want, I’ll never believe, “Trix are for kids.”
– put off doing laundry until one of us is on our last pair of underwear.
– enjoy bands/music that other people think is for young people.
(Justin Bieber, if you’re reading this, I love you. 😉)
– hydrate with iced coffee. Y’all, it’s made of water, calm down.
– get transported back to childhood whenever I hang out with my brother.
– refuse to wear socks just because the weather thinks I should. Don’t tell me how to live my life!
– tweet inappropriate band name ideas.
– be obsessed with boardgames! You can bet your ass I will be playing Pay Day in 2018.
– like cold foods better than hot foods. Soup… ugh.
– totally nerd out over dinosaurs…
– and zombies,
– and mummies!
– have candy for dinner, because I’m a grown up and I can eat what I want!
– play the most offensive songs on the juke box, without noticing… oops.
– try not to say inappropriate things around certain people but fail miserably… Hi Linda!
– refuse to let illness ruin my good time. Rest? Please. This is why we invented drugs.
– be a really small person. Like, transport me in a suit case small.
– accept and get overly excited when other people offer to feed me dinner. Accepting offers now!
– sing no matter where I am, public included, when throwbacks come on.
(Spice Girls, N’Sync, Whitney Houston. Nothing is off limits… nothing.)
– only make a grocery shopping list because Aaron makes me…
(Okay fine, the list is really so I don’t forget to buy more coffee.)
– forget the shopping list that Aaron forced me to make…
– dress inappropriately for the weather/setting.
– get completely overwhelmed with happy feels whenever I see snow.
– think that hot tubs are too hot. I seriously feel like they are boiling a lobster, and the lobster is me.
– purchase Sour Punch Straw in bulk whenever I come across them in a store.
– have multiple celebrations for the same holiday, sometimes months in advance.
– pick a good time over sleep. As they say, “Fuck everything. Have fun.”
Honestly, I have more ways that I suck at adulting… I just keep thinking of more and more of them, but I’m going to save them for next year. Try not to judge me too harshly!
Are you a “good” adult? Or do you have childish things you’re always going to do?